The Health IT Workforce Challenge!
Solve the Puzzle
Thank you for attending the HealthTECH Workforce Forum
Friday, September 17, 2010
National University, Spectrum Campus, San Diego, California
Why Attend This Event?
Two recent, monumental healthcare laws, the HITECH Act (aka electronic health records), and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka healthcare reform) are expected to have a major impact on our nation’s workforce.
Come join your fellow business, education and government healthcare stakeholders from all over the State as we put together the pieces of the HealthTECH Workforce puzzle.
Who Should Attend this Event?
- Healthcare providers
- Members of the workforce investment system
- Universities, colleges and training organizations
- Public health and community-based agencies
- Medical device and life sciences manufacturers
- IT vendors and consulting firms
- City, county, state and federal public officials
- Professional associations, medical societies, foundations and industry advocates.
Sampling of Oranizations Registered
Here is a sampling of organizational representatives grouped by categories, attending the event:
- California Statue Universities, UC San Diego Extension, North Orange County School of Continuing Education,; Coastline College; San Diego Mesa College, National University; Sweetwater School District; Kern College District; National Health IT Community College Training Consortia (Region B);
- California WIB; San Diego WIB; Fresno WIB; Alameda WIB; Counties of San Bernardino and San Diego; Riverside County Economic Development Agency; California Employment Training Panel;
- Workforce Connection; Job Corps, MCS Rehabilitation; Alliance for Africa.org;
- Catholic Healthcare West, Kaiser Permanente, Sharp Health Systems, Rady Children’s Hospital; UC San Diego Medical Center; Sutter Physician Services; Scripps; El Central Regional Medical Center;
- Gary and Mary West Foundation;
- California Hospital Association; Hospital Association of San Diego; California Primary Care Association;
- CalHIPSO; Cope Health Solutions; VIP Health Connect
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Public Health Services;
- Perminova, Carefusion; E20Health;
Until now, there has not been an event to bring together ALL the community stakeholders to network, collaborate and share our collective workforce development knowledge. The HealthTECH Workforce Forum on September 17th will be that event. For more information please go to the Forum web site links below:
*A separate HealthTECH Career Advancement Event is being held from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm on the same day for those individuals actively seeking employment or educational and training opportunities. You may register separately for this afternoon event for FREE.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 855-1064.